I am from the EU or EEA

A visa is generally needed if you (or your family) are nationals of a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. This visa is called "entry clearance" because it gives you permission to enter the UK.

If you are a national of the EEA or Switzerland, you do not need immigration permission to enter the UK. You are able to travel to the UK with your EU/EEA/Swiss passport or National ID card and you will be allowed to study without any further visa.

You will be required to have a Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI), if your main intention for remianing in the UK is study. You can find further information about this in our Understanding the UK Health Service page.

To find out more about your status as an EU, EEA or Swiss national, you can visit the following UK Government page:

EU,EEA, Swtizerland


Professional Services