The LES Student Leadership Academy (formerly the LES Student Rep Academy) provides undergraduate Student Reps, departmental societies and E&D Champions with unique training and developmental opportunities designed to enhance their skills both within their voluntary roles and beyond. In addition to access to LES Student Leadership Academy training and events, these students are provided with unique access to further opportunities that arise throughout the year.
The LES Student Leadership Academy has been set up with the following aims:
- To provide students with more regular contact outside of Staff Student Committee (SSC) meetings, helping to maintain engagement with their role throughout the year
- To provide opportunities for students to network with other Reps, societies and E&D Champions across the College
- To help build a stronger sense of community amongst engaged student groups in the College.
- To help build relationships between engaged student groups and the LES Student Engagement Projects Officers (SEPOs) and raise awareness of the support available to them from the Student Engagement Project Officers.
- To enhance opportunities to discuss common issues, opportunities and challenges across the College.
- To help demonstrate the College’s commitment to student representation and engagement and to support associated students as fully as possible.
- To provide Reps, societies and E&D Champions with recognition of their commitment and the impact that they have had in their roles.
LES Student Leadership Academy Awards
At the LES Student Leadership Academy Awards (formerly the LES Rep Academy Awards), students and staff come together to recognise and celebrate students' achievements in their roles over the academic year. Special awards are presented for outstanding achievements, with nominations collected from both students and staff. Refreshments are provided and there is opportunity for students to socialise and network amongst themselves and with staff while celebrating their successes.
Find out more about the LES Student Leadership Academy Awards
Initial school-specific student rep training
This training provides Reps with an opportunity to establish relationships with other Reps within their school and with the SEPOs. Reps are introduced to the concepts of the Student Rep role, what the role involves and ways in which it can be carried out successfully. Reps are also given detailed information about the support network available to them within the School, College and the wider University.
LES Student Leadership Academy Conference
The College of Life and Environmental Sciences Student Leadership Academy Conference provides Reps, society officials and E&D Champions with a view of the approach the College (and the schools within it) are taking to student engagement and the Student Rep system. The Conference includes a key note session, workshops and opportunities to feed back on their experience and well as feed into decisions affecting students. It concludes with refreshments and a networking opportunity to meet and build relationships with fellow students and staff, not only from their own school but from across the whole College
For more information please contact one of the LES Student Engagement Projects Officers: Hazel Lodhi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tom Mandall (email@example.com).