Please refer to HR's 'Family Friendly' information.
Building faults, such as faulty windows/lights should be directed to the Infrastructure & Facilities Office firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Faults: Where IT/network faults are experienced these should be logged direct with the IT Help Desk on 47171 or via their web page at https://universityofbirmingham.service-now.com/
All of the Finance Office Forms can be found on the Finance intranet website.
- Evacuation alarm is the continuous ring of the fire bells
- Fire bells in the Medical School and Institute for Biomedical Research (IBR) are tested every Wednesday or Thursday morning
- If you discover a fire go to the nearest break glass and raise the alarm immediately
The University requires all staff to undergo fire induction and training at the commencement of employment and to have refresher training every 2 years. Initial training will be arranged as part of the induction process.
Please note, all staff/students in NHS buildings are required to complete training with the UHB as well as the University.
- A list of first aiders and emergency guidelines is visible in most offices and notice boards or call Security Control on 44444
- If emergency services are required call 999 FIRST and then Security Control on 44444
- Report accidents to your supervisor and local manager (see Accident Reporting). Complete Accident Form (can be completed by anybody) and pass to Sue Chalder, Health and Safety Co-Ordinator
- See the First Aid Intranet pages
Please see the Accident and Incident Reporting webpage.
If flexible working is agreed, please speak with your line manager/academic supervisor to agree a work pattern. Also see the HR Flexible Working web page.
Please speak with your line manager in the first instance. Further information can also be found on the HR Intranet site.
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) was passed on 30th November 2000 and came into force on 1st January 2005. It gives individuals and companies, from anywhere in the world, the right of access to all types of “recorded” information which is held by public authorities. For the purposes of the Act, the University has been designated a Public Authority. Guidelines for staff can be found on the University website at http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/university/governance/policies-regs/information/index.aspx.
Freshthinking is the University's internal caterers. Download the brochure to obtain further information.