The University’s partnership with Konica Minolta (KM) provides staff and students with an efficient and secure printing experience that is also more environmentally friendly. The service is provided through a fleet of high quality multifunctional devices (MFDs), the University Central Print service and a reduced number of print only devices.
- A new fleet of efficient, high quality MFDs for printing, scanning and copying
- Reduced complexity through a uniform fleet of print devices
- Secure and confidential printing, meeting the demands of security and data protection
- Increased flexibility through the ability to print anywhere on campus or other University sites
- Mobile printing, via web portal
- Reduction of paper/energy consumption and CO2 emissions, demonstrating environmental responsibility
- Reporting on usage, including financial and environmental data
- Automatic notifications to Konica Minolta for toner ordering
- A dedicated on-site engineer, available to quickly react to problems
For guidance on how to use the Managed Print Service, including installing the printer software, registering your ID card, printing, copying and scanning, please login to the www.itservicedesk.bham.ac.uk and search for “Managed Print” in the Knowledge Base.
Alternatively, ensure you are logged in and then click on the following link: https://universityofbirmingham.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB13213 .
Who do I contact to report a fault, order staples or request an engineer?
Staff should call Konica Minolta on 0871 574 7200 (option 2 for consumables, option 3 for hardware issues) and quote the equipment number listed on the blue label on the front of device.
KM will be notified automatically when replacement toner is required and will send it to the building delivery address. This notification is sent when you replace a toner, so there should always be a spare available within the building. Local users are responsible for replacing toners in the MFDs. Please use the attached toner codes to check which toner should be used for each device.
If you are unable to dial 0871 numbers from your work landline phone, then you should request permission from the Telecoms team via the University’s IT Servicedesk.
How do we recycle used toners?
Used toners should be recycled via Konica Minolta’s recycling partner EOS Solutions South. EOS provide flat packed boxes (dimensions 400mm x 400mm x 700mm) to collate any waste from the machines. When full; securely tape the box and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collection within two working days.