Update from UK Visas & Immigration for biometric enrolment services for US citizens making visa application in the US
We are aware that there have been issues for US applicants applying for entry clearance visas in the US which means that applicants have not been able to make appointments with UKVI to provide biometric data.
Please note: this only impacts those US visitors who are required to give biometric data for a prior-entry clearance visa before travelling to the UK and includes Tiers 2, 4 and 5.
UKVI have made the following information available on their website. If you have encountered any problems or if you are planning to make a visa application and have any question please contact the student help team.
- Biometric services for UK visa customers are provided by the US Department of Homeland Security (US DHS) Application Support Centres (ASCs).
- These services are currently suspended.
- UKVI have arranged limited access to their standard service via the Premium Application Centre (PAC) network which is operated by VFS Global.
- If you have missed your appointment then you will be able to attend a PAC to complete the standard biometric enrolment service as per the table below. No appointment is necessary and no fee will be charged.
- There are 10 VFS Premium Application Centres across the United States. If you are unable to attend on your designated day, you can attend on a later date (but not an earlier one).
Documents you will need
- Original ASC appointment letter which shows your original appointment date.
- Current valid passport
- Once you have completed your biometric enrolment at the PAC you will have to send you passport, application, supporting documentation and return mail envelope to the VFS ScanHub in New York for processing.
- This service will be available as per the table above for customers who missed ASC appointments between 01/04/19 – 05/04/19.
- If you missed an appointment between 08/04/19 – 12/04/19 please monitor the updates.
- Please note that the standard service provided by VFS PACs will be for a limited time only whilst the US DHS ASCs remain unavailable to UK visa customers.
- If you are unable to travel / do not want to use the PAC service then you will be advised as soon as possible when you can attend your original chosen ASC.