This workshop is mandatory for students who require a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) to continue with their studies. IST must check your Tier 4 visa supporting documents before a CAS can be assigned.
If you are progressing onto a new course of study and already have a CAS you may also attend this workshop. You may wish to have IST check your documents before you submit your Tier 4 visa applications to UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI).
You MUST bring ALL your original documents as well as a photocopy, which will be retained by IST. If you require a CAS to continue your studies you must also bring a copy of your CAS request form.
Please note that IST will not be able to photocopy your documents for you. If you do not have all the required documents below you will be asked to re-book for another workshop.
- Your current passport as well as any previous passports you have used to travel to the UK.
- Your current UK visa i.e. vignette (yellow sticker) in your passport or a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card (both sides).
- All previous UK visas.
- Proof that you have the amount of money that UKVI requires to meet the maintenance funds (tuition fees + living costs) to demonstrate you can support yourself in the UK (see requirements).
- Evidence of your academic qualifications and English language ability, if applicable.
- Your ATAS certificate, if applicable.
- Translations of any documents that are not in English (see requirements).
- Police registration certificate, if applicable.
- TB certificate, if applicable.
Low risk nationals
Some nationalities do not have to submit evidence of their money or their qualifications with their Tier 4 application to the UKVI, however these ‘low risk’ nationals may be asked to provide it at a later stage during the application process, and risk refusal if it cannot be provided. For this reason, IST require that ALL students including ‘low risk’ nationals must prepare the evidence and provide it at a document checking session before a CAS can be assigned.