Rev Mindy Bell
St Francis Hall
University of Birmingham
For those who like facts:
- I am a Methodist minister.
- I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology from the University of California, Santa Cruz, USA.
- I earned a Master’s degree in Theology from Candler School of Theology at Emory University, in Atlanta, Georgia.
- For over 13 years, I served as minister of various Methodist and ecumenical churches in both the Milton Keynes and Thames Valley Methodist Circuits.
- As part of the Multi-Faith Chaplaincy Team, I represent the interests of the Free Churches.
- I have a great fondness for listening to whatever is on Radio 4. In addition, I am often playing the Hamilton Soundtrack or albums by They Might Be Giants and the Indigo Girls.
For those who like stories:
I am excited to join the Multi-Faith Chaplaincy Team where I get to accompany students and staff as they ask big questions of life, the world, and faith. I don’t have all the answers but I am willing to journey with you on your quest for purpose, meaning, and hope. I personally find meaning in Jesus’ life story, but I’m happy to explore life questions with those of any faith, background, and culture.
I am an American who has made my home here in the UK. Life has changed a lot for me in the years since I arrived, with two suitcases at Heathrow airport, in a county I had never even visited. My life-long interest in cultures and travel served me well when adjusting to life in the UK. Though we (mostly) speak a common language there have been many cultural adjustments, but I like to celebrate our God-given diversity.
In my free time I enjoy cooking, knitting, photography, and creative crafts - where I can get my hands messy. I am striving to make things more complicated than candle holders on my wood turning lathe. I love good tea, dark chocolate, and side-splitting comedy.
I'm in the University most weekdays during term time and I'm happy to meet up with students and staff. Please feel free to get in touch to arrange an appointment; alternatively you can just drop by and see if I am available to brew you a cuppa. I look forward to meeting you.