Discover Islam with the UoB Islamic Society
The UoB Islamic Society will be hosting a range of fun free events for Discover Islam Week 2022 (Monday 21 – Friday 25 February). This is a great opportunity for Muslims and non-Muslims to find out about the religion of Islam.
Come along every day next week to the Marquee by Chancellors Court, next to Old Joe (between 10am & 5pm) and join in on educational talks by famous Islamic speakers, Q&A sessions, information stalls, a cultural exhibition and try some free delicious food (vegetarian options will be available). These events are open to all students of all faiths and none.
Some of the talks talking place during the week include.
- Monday- ‘From non-Muslim to Muslim: A Journey to Islam’ by Ali Dawah (1pm), followed by a free lunch of chicken/vegetable pilau rice and samosas.
- Tuesday – ‘Is There a God?’ by Abdullah Al-Andulusi (1pm), followed by a free lunch of chicken and vegetable noodles and sheesh kebabs.
- Wednesday – ‘The Miracle of The Qur'an’ by Yahya Raaby and a Qur'an competition (1pm), followed by a free lunch of chicken biriyani, egg fried rice and spring rolls.
- Thursday – ‘Islam in the 21st Century’ by Kaiser Najeeb (1pm), followed by a free lunch of meat and vegetable pilau rice and meat and vegetable spring rolls.
- Friday – ‘Who was Prophet Muhammad?’ by Luqman Muqeem with a Q&A session (1pm), followed by a free lunch of aloo chips and hydrabadi biriyani.
If you’re attending, why not share your photos and videos on social media with @unibirmingham.
Keep up to date with the UoB Islamic Society on social media @UBISOC and their website.