Letters and documents

There are times when you may need a letter or document to prove that you are a student, for example to open a bank account or to apply for a council tax exemption. There are a number of different types of letters we can provide.

See what types of letters and documents you can request.

You can access the most popular types of letters online through Verify , a secure document system which will allow you to download, print and share these. If you need a different type of letter, you can request this through Student Help.

Students who are currently on a leave of absence will need to contact Taught Student Administration (TSA) tsa@contacts.bham.ac.uk to request any proof of study letters.


FAQs for student documents 


Professional Services