Students affected by international events
In recent weeks we have been watching news from around the world that is upsetting and distressing.
It is natural that anyone affected by these events may need somewhere to go where they can feel supported, where they can find someone to talk to or where they can reflect quietly.
University support services
The University provides its students with a number of support services where help or solace can be found:
- you can talk to your Welfare Tutor in your School;
- you can contact Counselling Services and speak confidentially to a counsellor. Telephone 0121 414 5130 or for more information go to the University's Counselling website
- you can contact the International Student Team by telephoning 0121 414 8464 or visit the IST website
- you can contact the chaplaincy where you can speak confidentially to a chaplain, find some quiet space to reflect and ask for prayers. Telephone 0121 414 7000 / 7001 or visit the Chaplaincy website
- you can contact Guild Advice at the Guild of Students. Telephone 0121 251 2400, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also access support from the following: