Programme Changes

If you are unhappy with your current programme of study, it may be possible to transfer (change) to another programme of study by completing a programme transfer form.

Applications should be sent electronically. 

The decision should not be taken lightly, and it is essential that you understand the implications that this may have for your chosen career path. Help and advice is available from:

There is also information about the welfare and wellbeing support services available.

We advise you to discuss your options with your personal tutor and then speak to the Admissions Tutor for the School you wish to join.


How to change programme

  • Download a copy of the Transfer of Degree Programme Form (found below)
  • Complete Section A of the form and submit to your current School/Department for approval.
  • If the School that you are joining is different from the School that you are leaving, you are responsible for getting Section C completed by the joining school.

After approval by your School/Department, your form will then be passed to Taught Student Administration who will process the change against your record and send a confirmation email once this has been applied. If your transfer is approved, you will be able to see the update on the student portal under ‘My Programme / Registration’


If you are a Dubai student please use the forms available here.

What should I be aware of before changing programme?

  • Applicants must have demonstrated that they meet the academic criteria and requirements for the new Programme.
  • Applications should be made as early as possible in the academic year. Applications submitted after the second week of the academic year may have to satisfy approval conditions before entry to the new programme.

Tuition Fees:

  • If your transfer is approved, the Student Loan Company will be notified of the change. You should check with the Student Loan Company that they will be continue to give you support on the new programme.

Transferring degree programme may affect your tuition fee liability. If you would like information regarding the financial implications for your transfer, please visit the Tuition Fee Liability page or email

Disability Services:

If you are currently registered with the Student Disability Service and have a RAP in place, this will need to be reviewed to ensure that adjustments are applicable to the new course and that the relevant contacts are aware.  You can contact the service at


Information for Student Route (previously Tier 4) visa holders

  • All programme transfer requests submitted by Student Route visa holders are referred to the International Student Team (IST) for assessment against the Student Route Sponsor Guidance. The IST must adhere to the Immigration Rules when considering programme transfers, and therefore require sufficient time to assess a form and advise a student of the outcome.

    It may take up to ten working days for the IST to make this assessment (or up to twenty working days in peak periods). It is therefore important that if you intend to transfer programme, you speak to your School and submit a request form as soon as possible.

    What happens next?

    Following their assessment, the IST will email you to confirm whether:

    a)    You can transfer programme with no implications for your visa, or;

    b)    You are required to make a fresh Student Route application (which may or may not need to be done outside the UK) before you can commence studies on thew new programme you are transferring onto.

    Students who need to leave the UK to make their visa application may require up to eight weeks to make the application outside the UK. During term time, this would cause significant disruption to your studies, and therefore you may not be permitted to commence studying on your new programme within the same academic year. It is therefore strongly recommended that you contact the International Student Team prior to requesting a programme transfer, so they can advise you on any potential implications of the transfer. The International Student Team can be contacted by logging and online enquiry at



Can't find what you're looking for?

If you are unable to find the information that you're searching for on our site, you can submit an Online Enquiry to an Enquiry Officer who will be able to answer your questions.



Professional Services