Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully before confirming your graduation preference.
General Terms and Conditions
- I understand that I should not take submission of my graduation preference as confirmation that I have successfully completed the requirements of my programme of study.
- I understand that subject to assessment and examination, I may not be awarded the qualification displayed on-screen, and that submission of my graduation preference does not serve as confirmation that I have completed the displayed programme of study.
- I understand that if I am awarded one of the following alternative qualifications I will no longer be eligible to attend a Degree Congregation:
- Undergraduate Certificate
- University Diploma
- Certificate of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Foundation Degree in Arts
- Foundation Degree in Science
- Advanced Certificate
- Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Diploma
- Postgraduate Certificate
- Postgraduate Diploma
- Certificate in Higher Education (Further Education)
- Foundation Certificate
- I understand that I should not take receipt of any correspondence providing information about my Degree Congregation as confirmation that I have successfully completed the requirements of my programme of study.
- I understand that I should not take receipt of any correspondence from Funding, Graduation & Awards as confirmation that I have successfully completed the requirements of my programme of study.
- I understand that the name as displayed on screen will be printed on my degree certificate and that any amendments made to my name after my certificate has been issued will incur a replacement fee.
- I understand that should I attempt to confirm my attendance at a Degree Congregation after 24 October 2021 that I may not be guaranteed a place at my Degree Congregation.
- I understand that if I am a taught student, in order to graduate in December 2021 I must clear any debt to the University by 25 October 2021. Failure to do so will result in my name being omitted from congregation proceedings and a delay to my graduation.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to keep Funding, Graduation & Awards updated with any changes to my postal or email addresses.
- I understand that additional requirements must be met by research students in order to graduate and that there is a deadline for meeting these.
Graduating in absentia
Those graduating in absentia may ask for their name to be omitted from the Degree Congregation programme.
- I am aware that should I wish my name to be omitted from the congregation programme then I should write by Registered Delivery to the following address, and that my letter must be received a minimum of four weeks before my congregation:
Funding, Graduation & Awards
The University of Birmingham
- I am aware that omission of my name will not affect the conferring of my degree or the permanent record of my result held by the University of Birmingham.
Use of images
- I am aware that my Degree Congregation will be filmed and my images (both still and moving) recorded and transmitted. I am responsible for informing my guests that their images will also be used in this way.
Please note that, in the highly unlikely event of the University of Birmingham’s graduation ceremonies being cancelled, delayed or postponed due to circumstances beyond the control of the University, the University shall give as much notice as is reasonably practical to students of such cancellation, delay or postponement. Circumstances that would constitute a force majeure may include, but are not limited to: fire, flood, explosion or any other incident that renders the venue in which the Degree Congregation is due to be held unsafe to use; terrorist act (or threat of a terrorist act); natural disaster; pandemic; industrial action; or a period of national mourning.
- I understand that the University will not be liable for any losses direct or otherwise incurred by students or their guests in the event of the University of Birmingham’s graduation ceremonies being cancelled, delayed or postponed due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.