The Business Engagement Team works with key regional, national and international partners to develop academic-industry links and strategic business partnerships with the overall aim of generating positive reputation, impact and income.
In doing so, we work closely with colleagues in Research and Innovation Services to grow our commercial partnerships and ensure consistency of the ‘business message’ externally.
Our Business Engagement Partners develop and grow relationships with many commercial businesses, small and large. By identifying challenges of mutual interest we introduce academia to companies in their area of research, broker the development of project proposals and assist the set-up of commercial contracts for project collaboration. We also help to identify suitable funding mechanisms and advise on business case and project planning.
In partnership with Research and Innovation Services we help businesses engage with us in the following ways:
- Collaborative projects and partnerships
- Contract research and development
- Testing and analysis
- Access to Licensing and intellectual property
- Access to funding
- Student internships, placements and graduate recruitment
Within our Business Engagement Marketing Team we are responsible for raising the profile of the University’s ‘offer’ to business. We deliver marketing campaigns and manage communication channels to promote the University to external and internal audiences to help support and develop mutually beneficial partnerships with industry.
What you can talk to us about:
- How we can work with you to develop and implement plans for marketing the University’s business and knowledge transfer offers
- Using the University’s ‘Business with Birmingham’ brand to develop marketing collateral targeted at business
- Hosting and/or attending events which cover key research themes and have a business agenda
- The ‘Business with Birmingham’ branded marketing materials that are available for you to use for your marketing activities and events
- Identifying business focused news and developing relationships with relevant trade press
- Content on the ‘Business’ section of the University’s website
- Producing case studies and testimonials that demonstrate impact
- Relevant business focussed key facts to use when you are engaging with business.
For further information contact us.