Getting started with High Performance Computing can be a daunting task for some. Or perhaps you are already familiar with the concepts but need some help getting started with using BlueBEAR at Birmingham. We run a workshop, called BEAR Necessities, which is designed to get you up and running. The workshop is aimed at both research staff and research students to help you get the most out of BlueBEAR.
We cover the BlueBEAR (Linux HPC) service as well as giving an overview of other BEAR services. We'll have some hands-on sessions where you can practice submitting and interacting with jobs. The course outline is:
- Scheduling and batch processing concepts
- Introduction to BlueBEAR
- BlueBEAR job submission, with specific application examples
- Accessing HPC files and interacting with data
View the slides
for the course.
Either attendance at Introduction to Linux or previous experience in using Linux. You will also need to register for the BlueBEAR service prior to the course. Full details will be provided when we confirm your registration on the course.
Who is it for
- Both research staff and research students
- No experience necessary - those with an interest in getting started with High Performance Computing
- Users who have some experience of High Performance Computing