When BlueBEAR is not able to meet the research needs of a member of the University there is the option to use regional or national HPC services. In all cases registration on the University services and demonstration that these alternative resources are required is a pre-requisite for IT Services to advise on and support access to these resources.
Regional HPC Services
In 2017 EPSRC funded 6 regional HPC services, including HPC Midlands+ for the major Midlands Universities:
- HPC Midlands Plus. Lead site: Loughborough University
- Cirrus. Lead site: EPCC
- GW4 Tier 2 HPC Centre for Advanced Architectures. Lead site: University of Bristol
- JADE: Joint Academic Data science Endeavour. Lead site: University of Oxford
- Peta-5: A National Facility for Petascale Data Intensive Computation and Analytics. Lead site: University of Cambridge
- Tier 2 Hub in Materials and Molecular Modelling. Lead site: UCL
Links to all of the regional and national facilities can be found on the UK HPC Facilities site.
National HPC service
The national HPC service is Archer, hosted by the EPCC.