The College of Social Sciences is committed to providing and maintaining a healthy and safe working environment for its employees, students and any other people who may be affected by its activities.
Health and safety is about preventing people from being harmed at work or becoming ill from the work that they do. The law says that we must not put ourselves, other workers or the public in danger.
Health and safety law applies to all employees, full or part-time, temporary or permanent; young people, including students; apprentices; contractors; mobile workers; homeworkers and temps or agency workers.
The information on the University health and safety web pages will help you to meet your responsibilities and ensure that the College is a safe and healthy place to work.
Who to contact in an emergency or when you need advice
- Security Control (non-emergencies) 0121 414 3000 (43000 if dialling internally)
- Security Control (emergencies) 0121 414 4444 (44444 if dialling internally)
- Fire - In the event of a fire contact Security Control on 44444
- Ambulance - call 999 and then inform Security Control on 44444 so that they can get the ambulance to you quickly
- Police - dial 999 and then inform Security Control on 44444
- Safety Coordinator – Lorna Roberts – 07816363647, Rita Whitehouse – 07970922090. (Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm).
For more information about Health & Safety, please visit the University Workplace Wellbeing page