The University seeks to attract excellent and diverse talent across our research and education themes, whilst creating a culture of confidence and knowledge in our institution, and pride in being an important part of a major civic and global university.
With a focus on the development of people and teams, this culture will be enabled by effective leaders across the University, who encourage career progression; staff who are supported to take responsibility for their own professional development and wellbeing, and flexibilty and trust in how work is undertaken.
- Learn more about the key priorities within the University’s ‘People and Culture’ pillar which underpins the Strategic Framework.
- For information about academic careers and recent changes to structures and promotion criteria, please visit the Birmingham Academic Career Framework.
- To explore a range of career pathways after completing your undergraduate or postgraduate degrees, contact the Careers Network for support.
- Engage with the Birmingham Professional programme, which supports Professional Services staff at the University.
- The Technical Academy provides a dedicated platform for our technical staff to develop their skills and careers.