To help you get into the festive spirit we have listed a wide range of Christmas events happening on campus and across the city this year.
Nina's Christmas recommendations
In 2016, Nina Ma, an international Psychology student from Beijing, stayed in the UK for the Christmas holidays. Read her suggestions of what to do over the Christmas vacation.
- Travelling – The beginning and the end of the holiday period, when most attractions are open, is a great time to do a bit of travelling. I went to London to visit the museums because I like calm indoor activities where I can learn things, but there are plenty of other fun options.
- Shopping – I am not a big shopper myself, but my parents visited for some of the Christmas holidays and they were very keen on buying some British goodies, so we went to Bicester Village together to do some discount shopping. A lot of things are on sale during Christmas so if you enjoy shopping, this is definitely the time of the year to spoil yourself.
- Christmas Carol Service – If you were like me and have never been to a Christmas Carol Service before coming to the UK, I highly recommend experiencing this Christmas tradition. The University has its own carol service at the end of the term and you can also visit a local church to see theirs.
- Visiting a British family – Christmas is supposed to be spent with family, but what if you are international and are not going home for the holiday? Maybe you should consider celebrating it with a British family. I visited a friend of mine and their family near Wolverhampton and we had Sunday roast together. It was a great way to really experience the culture.
- German Market – If you haven’t heard of the German Market in the city centre, now you know! It is a must for everyone in Birmingham to grab some friends and have a look around the market.
Events on campus
Please follow the links below for more information and to book onto the events.
10 December 2018, 12:00-21:00 in Chancellors Court.
10 December 2018, 18:15 in the Great Hall, Aston Webb Building.
5 December 2018, 14:00- 18:00, Meeting by the University train station
18 December 2018, 13:00 -15:00 in Pritchatts Park Village, Leos Lounge.
12 December 2018, 16:00-18:00 in Costa, Guild of Students.
20 December 2018, 13:00 in The Melt, Vale Village.