Our current campaign 'Unlock your Potential' aims to showcase the amazing services provided by Careers Network.
We’re always listening to your feedback, and one thing you asked for was more opportunities to access careers support. Our new campaign, ‘Unlock your potential’ showcases all you need to know and more about your Careers Network service, available to all students at UoB. Whether you know what you want to do, need support on your first steps, or have no idea what you want to do once University has finished, they’re here to support you.
The team at Careers Network offer a range of tailored services including:-
- The Birmingham Project – A unique opportunity for first year students to work on a collaborative group project with employers, to help enhance your skills, discover your strengths and develop your confidence.
- Work experience and internships – A wide range of placements to help support your career aspirations. From summer internships to voluntary work and work shadowing there’s opportunities for everyone.
- B-enterprising – Unlock your hidden talents and gain real-life business experience. From starting your own business, to developing your entrepreneurial skills, learn the essential tools needed for today's job market.
- Personal Skills Award (PSA) – An employability programme for Undergraduate students. This scheme gives you the chance to gain points by taking part in either online courses, modules, work experience or on campus activities.
- Postgraduate careers - Get support and explore your career options, plan your next steps and apply for whatever what you want to do after your studies.
For final year students
- Application support – Throughout the process, including CV writing, LinkedIn, application forms, interviews and assessment centres.
- Careers connect – Searching for jobs and opportunities, booking 1:1 appointments and events is easy via the dedicated online careers portal.
- Impact internships - This summer, experience the excitement of working in a start-up, small to medium sized enterprise, or social enterprise paid role. Applications close Sunday 13 March so get applying today!
Careers Network has helped thousands of students figure out what they want to do after Uni – you really don’t have to do this alone. Don’t just take it from us though, hear the life-changing stories from our students about how the Careers Team has helped them find the right path to achieve their dream jobs.
Busting the myths
As part of the 'Unlock your Potential' campaign we're busting some of your myths about the Careers Network service, watch the video below to hear from Graduate Hannah and current student Tam, as they bust some myths together.
It’s easy for you to talk to the team in a way that suits you. Whether that’s through a 1:1 online appointment or face-to-face with a careers advisor, hear about the different ways you can get in touch with Careers Network.
Unlock your Potential