UoBe Festival to hit the ground running with 5km fun run
Whether you walk, run, push or skip your way to the finish line, register now for our fun Campus Run on Sunday 23 January 2022.
Our UoBe Festival 2022 will kick off with our exciting 5km Campus Run, a fantastic way to challenge yourself, have some fun and see the sights of campus!
- Date and time: Sunday 23 January 2022, 9.30am
- Where: Starting at the Green Heart and finishing by Old Joe
What is the Campus Run?
Campus Run is a fun 5km running event taking place on closed roads around the Edgbaston campus, including the Green Heart and the Vale Village. There will also be student groups along the route to lend their support, cheer you on and add to the festival atmosphere. Chip timing for those interested in their times will also be available on the day and all participants will receive a free UoBe Festival Campus Run t-shirt when they complete the run.
Why is it being held?
The Campus Run will be the launch event of the 2022 UoBe Festival, an exciting festival created with students for students taking place from Sunday 23 - Saturday 29 January 2022 (watch this space for more details!).
Providing a fun challenge for all involved, the aim is to challenge yourself to complete the distance, whether you walk, run, push or skip your way to the finish line.
Who can get involved?
The run is open to all students and staff. If you’re interested in running with a group to help motivate you and provide a support network, the following groups and programmes are available:
- Cool Runnings: a student-led running group who hold multiple sessions throughout the week on the Edgbaston Campus, this club is open to students of all running and fitness abilities. Find out more about Cool Runnings.
- Green Heart Runners: a staff-led running group who meet on Tuesdays at 5.30pm each week. The Green Heart runners are always looking for new members of all abilities. If you are interested in joining, please email the team at email@example.com, or visit their website and Facebook page.
- Couch to 5k: If you’re aiming to run the event but have not completed this type of distance before then the NHS offer a fantastic Couch to 5k programme that you can download as either a podcast or an app to help motivate you and give you tips for running. Visit the NHS Couch to 5k website for more information.
How do I get involved?
If you’d like to participate in the event then keep an eye out on our Campus Run page, your student emails, and social media channels (both UoB and UB Sport and Fitness). The run is limited to 800 participants on a first come, first served basis. If you would like to be involved in the event but not take part in the actual run, we are also looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help marshal the course. If you are interested in getting involved and supporting, please email Christopher Anthony.
What about the College Cup?
Running not your thing? Why not join the College Cup also taking place during UoBe Festival. Open to students of all abilities this is a great chance to play sports with other members of your College. Get stuck in with some taster sessions taking place from Saturday 13 November to prepare for the main event.
Find out more information on the College Cup.