The Brum Bulletin - Your Student Newsletter
Welcome to your first Brum Bulletin after the Easter break. We hope you had a chance to rest and reflect before assessment season begins in earnest! We’ve got lots of tips and tricks to help you navigate your way through the next few weeks, so be sure to check out the UoBe Ready page on the intranet for more information.
The NSS and UKES surveys are ending in just a couple of days so make sure you have your say if you haven’t already! For taught postgraduates, a new survey has also now opened, the PGS run by the Office for Students, so now’s your time to make your voice heard. It’s open until the end of May. Scroll down for all the latest on survey season, or visit the intranet page.
Vaccinations on Campus - 5 May
The mobile vaccinations van will be coming to campus next week on Thursday 5 May from 9am – 3:30pm. If you need to have any dose, first through to booster, you are welcome to get vaccinated here. Find out more.
Where do you get your news?
It can be tricky to find out all the information you need to know as a student at UoB so we’ve put together a short video to show you, especially in our noisy modern world of the best ways you can stay up to date with everything! Watch now.
UoB at the Great Birmingham Run
The Great Birmingham Run is not far away, and we will be represented by a fantastic team of athletes taking part! Find out how you can get involved and support our #TeamUoB! Support #TeamUoB.
Community Iftar on Campus
This Friday will see the Iftar return to campus. A fantastic event celebrating the Islamic faith, the dinner will take place at 8:30pm at Old Joe, preceded at 6pm by an Islamic exhibition. Read more.
Student Rep Award Nominations
Student Rep Award Nominations are now open to celebrate all the hard work and outstanding achievements of students and staff involved within the Scheme! Check out all the ways their work can be celebrated. Find out more.
Student Content Creators
Fancy building your content creator skills on your CV? We are looking to hire a number of students to work with us, capturing, creating, and editing content for social media and news stories! Apply now.
Have your say about your PGT Experience!
The PG Survey for PGTs is now open here until 30 May. The PG Survey is your opportunity to give honest, anonymous feedback about what it has been like to study on your course at UoB, and really helps to make a difference for future students.
All postgraduates are invited to enter Images of Research, a competition to distil your research or studies into a single image before 14 May. Cash prizes and the chance to see your image at the Postgraduate Research Festival in June all on offer! Find out more here.
The 2022 UoB Postgraduate Research Festival returns on 16 and 17 June 2022! The Festival includes a packed programme of events for our postgraduate community with many events open to staff and students interested in postgraduate research (including PGTs). Bookings go live soon - follow us on Twitter for all announcements!
Dates for your diary
Remember, you can also find out more about university events by seeing the ‘What’s on’ page on the intranet.
4 – 7 May 7:30pm Everyday (+ Saturday Matinee 2:30pm), Guild Deb Hall
GMTG present their second show of the year, ‘Twisted’! A twist on the tale of Aladdin, the story takes you through fantastic song, dance, and music in a spectacular production run entirely by students. Book your tickets.
Saturday 7 May, 2pm, The Vale
The Hall reps present an afternoon of fun activities on the Vale, from a BBQ to face painting and a mini-farm! Come down for a few hours to celebrate Spring. Find out more.
Student Colour Run
Sunday 15 May, The Vale
What better way to bring in the summer days than with a campus colour run? Take part in this exciting run and see campus brought to life in every colour of the rainbow! Find out more.
What's on in Brum?
This week sees the European Brass Band Festival coming to Birmingham with a host of acts. From traditional colliery bands of Yorkshire to dazzling soloists, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Explore Birmingham.
- The Guild are recruiting hall reps – interested in becoming a hall rep next academic year? Applications are open until 3 May so make sure you sign up to be part of the fantastic scheme. Apply now.
- Brum Bulletin Submissions – have you got something you’d like to post in the Brum Bulletin? Don’t forget you can submit content and find out more by visiting this page.
- Commonwealth Games on Campus – Look out for the Commonwealth Games Team who will be on campus on 3 and 4 May. There are 20,000 vacancies over the games period so be sure to catch them to find out more!
- EUniWell Summer School - Do you want to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on population health and contribute to the debate about post-pandemic health and healthcare provision? Apply by 6 May for places at the EUniWell Summer School taking place in The Hague. Find out more.
- Campus Disruption 28 April - Due to a high profile event taking place on campus, there may be some noise disruption between 1-4pm in Chancellor's Court. The Aston Webb Building will not be accessible from 4:30pm; please use the Bramall entrance until 6pm when the lower ground will remain open for access.