Provision of non-medical helpers

If you feel that you may require assistance from a non-medical helper or it is highlighted in your DSA Needs Assessment that you require non-medical helper support, it is advised that you register with University of Birmingham Learning Support, Disability and Mental Health Services and speak with your key worker to obtain further advice.

N.B. From 2016/17 some non-medical helper support, including notetaking and some practical support, is no longer funded via DSA. Please talk to your key worker who can advise you on accessing this type of support. 

Comprehensive information regarding the DSA process, including how to independently arrange any equipment, software or support you have been recommended through DSA, can be found on the independent Disability Rights UK DSA Factsheet.