Who are we?
The BAME staff network is run by volunteer BAME staff (of all backgrounds and staff groups) within the University. The Network aims to provide a space to discuss, question, challenge and take action where necessary and to promote race equality and diversity.
What is the purpose of the Network?
The purpose of the Network is to:
- Provide a safe and confidential environment to meet other BAME staff and share experiences, opinions, concerns and ideas
- Provide opportunities to inform and influence the University's policies about BAME staff
- Provide creative and clear pathways to encourage promotion to higher grades
- Create opportunities for BAME staff to engage with other networks within the University
- Help create a culturally inclusive campus
- Signpost information about research and policy development
Whilst the Network is about empowering Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff in the workplace, non-BAME members of staff who actively believe in the promotion of race equality and diversity can also join us in influencing change and providing opprtunities at the University.
How do I become a member?
To get in touch, or join our mailing list, please send us an email.
Visit our website for more information
A full list of committee members is available.