Sponsored by IBM
The 7th BEAR User Forum was held on 25th November 2010 in Lecture Room LT4 in the Strathcona Building. It was kindly sponsored by IBM.
The 7th BEAR User Forum was held on Thursday 25th November in room LT4 of the Stratchcona building, building R18 in the Red Zone on the Edgbaston campus. The agenda was:
- 10.00 - 10.10: Introduction and Welcome
- 10.10 - 10.50: talks by two of the winning students from the June 2010 Postgraduate conference
- 10.10 - 10.30: HAADF-STEM Simulations of Au and Pd Clusters: A Kinematic Model Coupled with Structural Searches. Andrew Logsdail, Chemistry
- 10.30 - 10.50: Macro-and Micro-mixing in Stirred Chemical Reactors. Julie Hofinger, Chemical Engineering
- 10.50 - 11.10: Agent-based modelling: Medieval Warfare on the Grid - The Road to Manzikert project. Phil Murgatroyd, Institute of Archaeology and Antiquities
- 11.10 - 11.30: Tea/coffee, sponsored by IBM
- 11.30 - 12.00: Research at IBM, want to get involved? Jim Roche, IBM
- 12.00 - 12.10: update on the BEAR User Group. Andrew Chan, User Group chair
- 12.10 - 12.30: Service update and questions - Paul Hatton, IT Services
- 12.30 - 12.50: Update on the vision for HPC for Birmingham. Sean Duffy, Director of IT Services
- 12.50 - 13.00: Final Question-and-answers
The Forum was followed by a buffet lunch sponsored by IBM.
There was an afternoon session organised by the Abaqus Special Interest Group when Professor Andrew Chan from the Civil Engineering gave a report about the latest ABAQUS UK Regional user meeting.
Last modified: 30 November 2012