Briefing sessions for EU/EEA staff
On Wednesday 13 March 2019, the University will be holding information sessions to offer support to EEA staff following the Brexit referendum result. These sessions will be delivered by an Immigration Adviser who will cover:
- the EU Settlement Scheme and settled status/pre-settled status applications – eligibility criteria, rights associated with the status, the application process, family members, frequently asked questions, implications of a no-deal scenario
- common questions / tricky issues – e.g. rights of family members to join EEA nationals in the UK in the future
- non-EU EEA country issues (i.e. Norway, Lichtenstein, Iceland and Switzerland) as well as Irish nationals
- a brief overview of other actions that staff may wish to consider taking
- Q&A - a full opportunity to ask questions
Morning sessions take place between 9.15am-10.45am and 11.15am-12.45pm in Law, Lecture Theatre 1.
The afternoon session takes place 2.00-3.00pm in Vaughan Education, Vaughan Jeffreys Lecture Theatre.
For more information and to book your place, please visit: https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/hr/Working-at-UoB/Brexit.aspx