Updated: January 2024
The University of Birmingham is awarding a £150 cash prize for 15 University of Birmingham students (5 winners for each survey). If you wish to be considered for the online survey prize draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions with the University of Birmingham.
- The online survey prize draw is open to taught students who are eligible to complete either the UK Engagement Survey (UKES), National Student Survey (NSS) or Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) online. Those who complete the NSS via phone after being contacted by Ipsos Mori are not eligible.
- Entry is free and only open to students who submit either of the three surveys online before the following closing dates: UKES – Tuesday 30 April 2024, NSS – Tuesday 30 April 2024 and PTES – Monday 13 May 2024. Entries received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- A maximum of one entry per person is permitted for the online survey prize draw.
- For UKES and PTES, winners will be chosen at random by the University of Birmingham. For the NSS, winners will be chosen at random by Ipsos Mori. Five winners will be selected from each survey.
- The decision of the University (or Ipsos Mori on the University of Birmingham’s behalf in respect of the NSS) regarding any aspect of the online survey prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The University of Birmingham reserves the right to delay, void, cancel, suspend or amend the online survey prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The University of Birmingham reserves the right to exclude any entry from the online survey prize draw at any time and at its absolute discretion if it believes that any participant has breached these terms and conditions.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No alternative prize will be given at the request of the winner(s).
- Winners will be notified by email from the Student Communications Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) week commencing 13 May 2024.
- If for any reason a winner chooses not to take up the prize or cannot be contacted within five working days of being notified, the University of Birmingham reserves the right to retain or dispose of the prize at its sole discretion. The University of Birmingham accepts no responsibility if the contact details provided by the participant are incomplete or incorrect.
- The cash prize will be paid to a verified bank or building society account.
- Names (first and last) of all winners will be announced on the student intranet week commencing 27 May 2024.
- There is no link between how participants respond in the surveys and the chances of winning a prize.
- Completion of the survey is not a condition of entering the online survey prize draw.
- Participants may withdraw their consent to take part in the online survey prize draw at any time.
- Personal data which is provided by participants when they submit their survey will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and will only used by the University of Birmingham in order to administer the online survey prize draw.
- By entering the online survey prize draw, participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The online survey prize draw will be governed by English law and participants to the online survey prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.