CAL Research and Knowledge Transfer

University of Birmingham College of Arts and Law

The College of Arts and Law Research Support Office is here to help and assist you with all stages of applying for external funding. We can provide the following help and support from pre-application through to post-award:

  • Information and guidance on relevant funding opportunities
  • Tailored advice on all aspects of research applications
  • Access to examples of successful applications
  • Facilitating peer review
  • Providing staff and non-staff costings
  • Advising on Pathways to Impact, Technical Plan and writing Justification of Resources
  • Reviewing your application
  • Inputting and submission of applications through electronic systems
  • Facilitating contract negotiation
  • Facilitating ethical clearance
  • Administering the set-up of awards and ad hoc operational issues
  • Advice on financial monitoring

Contact the team

Name: Sheena Robertson
Role: Research Support Partner
Tel: x47173
Location: 354 Arts

Name: Katharina Freise
Role: Senior Research Facilitator (H&C and PTR)
Tel: x46292
Location: 361 Arts

Name: James Green
Role: Research Facilitator (EDACS, LCAHM and Law)
Tel: x45976
Location: 361 Arts

Name: Eleonore Dispersyn-Nievergelt
Role: EU Funding Facilitator (CAL and CoSS)
Tel: Mon x48645, Tue-Wed x49082, Thu-Fri x58487
Location: 361 Arts (Tue-Wed)

Name: Karen Houghton
Role: CAL Impact Development Officer
Tel: tbc
Location: 354 Arts

Name: Suzie Hayman
Role: Research Support Administrator (EDACS, LCAHM and Law)
Tel: x47003
Location: 361 Arts

Name: Georgia Foster
Role: Research Support Administrator (H&C, PTR and EU Projects)
Tel: x58352
Location: 361 Arts

Name: Anna Griffiths
Role: Research and Knowledge Transfer Assistant
Tel: x58224
Location: 361 Arts

Please also see our flyer for information on the RKT Office.

Please also see our flyer for information on the RKT Office. 

You will find links to relevant funding information below:

Back to Research Support

Research Professional