Calling final year University of Birmingham home students who have very limited or no work experience.
The Virtual Internships (VI) Programme is open for applications from Monday 24 April until 23:59 Sunday 28 May 2023. This could be YOUR real game-changer!
Get involved in an exciting internship this summer without having to leave home. Starting Monday 24 July 2023, the programme will offer successful applicants a 6-week part-time remote internship with an employer based in the UK or overseas.
Opportunities are available across a wide range of sectors and successful applicants will be matched based on future career goals.
About Virtual Internships (VI)
These opportunities provide a real experience of today’s working environment and are designed to help you develop personally and professionally. You will get to work with a broad range of people from different backgrounds who demonstrate a range of skills and knowledge. This can really help you with your future career.
Take a look at the following videos to hear from UoB students and an overview of the VI Programme and support available:
More reasons why this is a good idea for you
When leaving university, applying for jobs with little/no work experience can be intimidating, and you might think, "Where do I start?"
A remote internship provides you with the experience and exposure to international work experience from the comfort of your own home.
You will be provided with guaranteed work experience with a real-life host company working on real projects, with the help and support of educational scaffolding and us here at the VI Team!
It is a great way to not only gain work experience (making yourself stand out from the crowd, demonstrating great work ethic and initiative!), but you will also be gaining key remote working skills, highly sought-after by employers in 2023.
All you need is a laptop and an internet connection.
Interested and ready to apply?
- Work experience with global host company in chosen career field
- Dedicated Intern Experience Manager
- Access to CareerBridge: an award-winning self-led online employability curriculum
- Two sessions with a dedicated Career Coach
- Fortnightly webinars led by global industry experts
- Digital badge to display on LinkedIn
- Course completion certificate
- Complete the online application form specifically for University of Birmingham final year home students. Remember to use the same email address throughout the application process. Or use the QR code at the bottom of this section.
- You will be redirected to a video application link to record and submit your video interview.
- Record your video. You can record your answers as many times as you like and submit the version you think is best.
- Wait to hear from Virtual Internships!
Come along to one of the sessions below where you will get to meet Olivia from VI who will talk you through the process and answer questions and provide some great hints and tips!
Book onto your session here: