Research Applications Specialist
Dr Gavin Yearwood first attended the University of Birmingham as an undergraduate, he remained there completing his PhD and then a further research position, all within the school of Metallurgy and Material Science.
His focus during his PhD and further research was in the production, application and optimisation of a physics based model. He built a thermomechanical predictive model and inserted it in a commercial finite element software. It was from the use of this commercial software that Gavin became familiar with Advanced Research Computing (ARC), having to run lots of large scale simulations as well as trying out various open source software to determine their effectiveness in future research projects.
- 2013 MEng in Material Science and Energy Engineering at the University of Birmingham
- 2018 PhD with the PRISM2 group from the School of Metallurgy and Materials at the University of Birmingham
Conferences and Publications
- 2014 Optimom Conference - "Discrete Dislocation Dynamics in a Two Phase Alloy" - Produced a poster
- 2017 International Conference on Plasticity - "Location Specific Properties in an Aerospace Alloy" - Presentation
- Creep Prediction Code
- 2D Discrete Dislocations Dynamics (DDD) Code
- Crystal plasticity Code
Last Updated June 2021