Innovative ideas needed for SMAC contest
The Student Mobile App Competition (SMAC) is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University from technical and non-technical backgrounds.
You can enter as individuals or as a team. There are two ways to enter:
- Option 1: Enter an innovative idea for an app and a story board with the design of your app and how it would work
- Option 2: Enter an innovative idea for an app and a working app or a fully working prototype
Prizes include paid industrial placements with IBM and Deutsche Bank, paid placements at the IT Innovation Centre, tablet computers and other prizes.
SMAC is also accredited through the PSA Employability programme of the University.
The competition themes include:
- New Lapworth Museum: Apps to engage the public with the new Lapworth Museum of Geology
- Accessibility: Apps to enhance the experience of people with disabilities
- Your choice of app: anything else that has value for the University or the wider community
- Monday 27 Oct 2014: Competition opens. Register interest at email@example.com and start submitting your ideas!
- Wednesday 12 Nov 2014: App Ideas Generating Workshop (compulsory for PSA accreditation)
- Friday 5 Dec 2014: Deadline for App ideas submission (email idea submission form to firstname.lastname@example.org - This applies to all entries from options 1 and 2)
- End of January 2015: IBM Workshop – Tools for mobile app development (TBC)
- Friday 6th March 2015: Deadline to submit app designs, working apps or working prototypes
- Wednesday 25th March 2015: Demos and Awards Ceremony
For full details of the competition visit the IT Innovation Centre. For further Information contact email@example.com