Applications for the University's Graduate Management Trainee Scheme are now open
The University of Birmingham is one of the largest and most diverse employers in the West Midlands. With around 7,500 members of staff working across a huge variety of roles, running an organisation of this size and complexity offers a challenge to rival that of any major business or public sector body. Committed to attracting the best and brightest employees, our Graduate Management Training Scheme (GMTS) provides ambitious and high calibre graduates with an entry point into the dynamic and diverse career of managing a leading university.
The two-year programme includes a rotation of four placements across different areas of the University’s Professional Services – such as marketing, operations management and student services - complemented by a tailored training and development package. Placement portfolios are structured to expose you to a variety of roles and perspectives, both within departments such as student services, marketing, estates, finance and human resources, and the Colleges and Schools that are home to our academic departments.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for future leaders and our ideal candidates are intelligent, inquisitive graduates who are passionate about, not only the ideals of the University, but also about the city of Birmingham and the wider region. You should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- At least a 2:1 in a first degree in any subject in the past three years (2016-2018 or completion in 2019) or a postgraduate qualification completed in the past three years, having previously achieved at least a 2:1 in a first degree.
- A high degree of initiative, resourcefulness, flexibility and a self-motivating approach.
- Good team working skills.
- Ability to think analytically, to apply skills and knowledge in new contexts, and to problem solve by thinking beyond traditional solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through oral and presentational skills as well as excellent writing skills and an aptitude for producing complex reports.
- Resilience and adaptability to work effectively in new environments and with a diverse range of people at different levels of the organisation.
- Good IT skills.
- An interest in Higher Education issues.
- Ability to acquire the requisite professional and technical skills to develop into a successful manager and leader.
Further details and how to apply.