The Geological Society has a national transformative 'Read and Publish' agreement with the University. Under the terms of the arrangement, all articles in the 6 subscription journals and 3 book series in the Lyell Collection (Journal of the Geological Society, Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology & Hydrogeology, Petroleum Geoscience, Geochemistry: Exploration, Environment, Analysis, Proceedings of the Yorkshire Geological Society, Scottish Journal of Geology, Special Publications, Memoirs, Engineering Geology Special Publications) will be published under a CC-BY open access licence at no cost to the author
To be eligible, articles must meet the following conditions:
- Be an original research article.
- The eligible author must be the corresponding author and submit using their institutional email address.
To check eligibility and access the agreement
- Complete a University APC request form before submission to the chosen journal.
- When submitting to the publisher, indicate your affiliation to the University of Birmingham and email address in your manuscript and do not change this after submission. This allows the publisher to identify your paper as eligible for the agreement.
- If you are funded, indicate your funder on submission.