This page will tell you what documents you will need to upload if you applied for a Standard Visitor Visa and a Prior Entry Clearance before travelling to the UK (Prior Entry Clearance means that you need a visa to enter the UK).
If you are a Non-Visa National and did not applied for a visa before travelling to the UK then please see the Non-Visa National guidance.
You will be asked to upload serveral documents. Please upload your documents after your arrival in the UK. You do not need to upload these all at the same time but as soon as you receive each of them.
Using the upload pages
You must upload each document to the correct page. Make sure you read all the information provided carefully.
When you upload a document, you should make sure that the images you upload are in colour, in focus, and that all information is clearly readable without any reflection or glare. Images can be a scan or a good quality photo of the document. If you are taking a photo of your document, you should make sure that the document is fully included in the image, and that information is not obscured. Please note that PDF format is not accepted. JPG and PNG formats are recommended.
Each time you upload a document, you will be asked to enter your:
- Family name, as per your passport
- Given names, as per your passport
- Student ID number, which you can find on your offer letter or Online Registration email
- Your email address, which should be the same on each form
Documents to upload
Biometric (photo) page of your passport
- Upload your biometric (photo) page of your passport as soon as you have received your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Provide details from your passport, including your nationality and validity dates.
Upload your passport
Visa sticker (vignette) with stamp
- Upload a copy of your visa sticker, sometimes known as a vignette, which is in your passport and which will be for six months or less.
- Upload the visa sticker as soon as possible after your arrival in the UK. It should include the ink date stamp you receive at Border Control.
- If you did not receive an ink date stamp when you arrived, upload other evidence of your arrival, such as your boarding pass or travel ticket.
Upload your visa vignette with stamp
What happens next
Each time you submit a document, it is sent to the International Student Team (IST) to check and verify. The International Student Team will check your document(s) and confirm if they are approved or not. If a document is not approved, you will be told why and will be asked to upload a new version.
When all of your documents have been approved you will receive confirmation that you have completed your Right to Study check. You should keep a copy of this email for future reference.
Please make sure to regularly check your Spam folder for emails sent at each step of the process, as University emails can be incorrectly blocked by certain mail providers.