Previous year's PDM students have completed placements in a variety of different roles and organisations both nationally and globally.
See what placements previous year's students went on and what they did:
- Programme Leader, providing welfare support for students and teachers as part of an overseas educational development programme
- Assisting with campaigns and new initiatives with a local MP
- Analysing demographic data and creating a recommendations report for a local authority project
- Regional Fundraiser at a local hospital
- Assisting with casework and attending court whilst shadowing a solicitor at a legal firm
- Analysing financial investment opportunities within a bank
- Contributing to reports on local issues and conducting community engagement activities as a research and administration assistant at a West Midlands charity
- Working in the fundraising team to raise money and awareness for a charity
- Organising activities with small children whilst shadowing a Primary School teacher
- Providing customer guidance within a bank whilst handling international money transfers and opening new customer accounts
- Working within a marketing team to produce videos and promotional materials to improve brand awareness.
PDM student stories
Christina completed their placement with the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government and was also awarded the winner of our 2019 PDM Placement Student of the Year Award. Hear about their experience here: Christina's case study.
Michelle studies Criminology and did a placement with the NHS. Hear about Michelle's experience here: Michelle's case study.
Ziyi studies Accounting and Finance and did a placement at a bank. Hear about Ziyi's experience here: Ziyi's case study.