We have a dedicated careers and employability team for each of the University’s five colleges. Your college careers team provide individual advice and guidance services in locations within your college and deliver a programme of careers and employability support tailored to your needs.
College careers team
Find out what's on offer in your college:
Discussion with a careers adviser that lasts 20 minutes. Book online up to seven days in advance. Having booked an appointment, ensure that you arrive on time; if you are more than 5 minutes late you may need to rebook. At the advice desk you may request a longer more private appointment or a practice interview, if appropriate.
Longer guidance appointments
You can request a longer guidance appointment at advice desk. If your careers adviser thinks it useful, you will then be referred for an hour appointment.
You can request a mock interview via our online practice interview request form. You must supply details of the real upcoming interview to help the adviser prepare for the practice interview.
CV and applications advice
- Discussion with an applications support adviser that lasts 20 minutes. Book online up to seven days in advance.
- Having booked an appointment, ensure you arrive on time; if you are more than five minutes late, you may need to rebook.
- Bring a printed copy of your CV and/or covering letter with you to the appointment.
- Ensure your CV is spell checked, in a clear format and includes the basic information required. For help on this, look at our Canvas course on how to apply for jobs.
- Think about tailoring your CV to the job you are applying for.
After attending the CV clinic you may amend your CV and want to have it checked again. In order to be able to provide a service to as many students as possible we ask that you limit your visits to a maximum of three per term.
Students and recent graduates can use Careers Connect to:
- Book appointments.
- View our employer database and search for vacancies.
- View and book onto careers events, fairs and workshops.
- Manage your details and create an online careers profile.
Visit the careers section of Student Help to review FAQs about our services and contact us with your questions.
There is a whole range of information on our website to help support and advise you with your career decisions during your time with us. Our services are available to:
Our website is continually updated and improved; if you have a suggestion or comment about the website please email firstname.lastname@example.org.