Can I borrow books?
Yes. Find out more about borrowing from our libraries.
Can I access FindIt@Bham in the library?
Catalogue PCs will not be available on site, so you can look up shelf locations on your phone at findit.bham.ac.uk or have them ready before you visit the library. While in the building, you can contact our Just Ask team online if you need help.
Can I request an item from the Research Reserve?
If you need an item from the Research Reserve, all you need to do is find the item on FindIt@Bham and request it from there. Once notified you will be able to collect your item from an area next to the main desk. Please note requests from our Research Reserve can take up to 48 hours to complete.
Can I return books at the Main Library?
You can return books in the Main Library's Wolfson Room, Monday-Friday 10:00-16:00, or to the ground floor. Outside of our opening hours, you can return items using the external returns machine by the Main Library's front door.
Will I be able to study at Main Library?
Study spaces are available on all floors. Spaces are limited to maintain social distancing and are clearly designated with “sit here” labels. Sanitising stations are available on all floors and we request that you clean work spaces before and after use with the wipes provided.
Please make a note of the desk number you use for track and trace purposes.
Will I be able to print or borrow a laptop?
- Twenty-seven PCs are available in the Main Library
- Printing is available in the Main Library, the Main Library's Wolfson Room, and the Barnes Library.
- Laptops can be borrowed for a one day period from our Wolfson Room.
I'm a researcher - can I use the Researcher Suite at the Main Library?
Please note that in order to observe social distancing, seating capacity has been reduced.
- There are nine PCs available in the suite.
- The kitchenette, lockers and sofas are not available.
- As usual, the room is accessible by swipe-card access only, and is not to be used by anyone other than researchers.