Students have the right to make representations against any progress decision that has a negative effect upon them, or their future career. The University calls these representations 'Appeals', or in the first instance 'Academic Appeals' .

If following receipt of the outcome of your appeal you remain dissatisfied, you may wish to consider the options available to you as outlined in the next steps (PDF - 217KB) document.

Under certain circumstances you may make representations against the outcome of a Academic Appeal, this process is called a 'Senate Review'.

If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of your appeal, you shall be informed of the right to submit a complaint to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator and will be issued with a Completion of Procedures letter.

For further information on the processes outlined above, please select from one of the links below:

Picture of a student

Help and advice

Thinking about submitting an appeal? Not sure what it all means?  Guild Advice @ the Guild of Students have trained, experienced staff who are able to guide you through the University's appeals processes.



Professional Services