Grievance to Council

A Grievance to Council is the highest form of internal appeal within the University.

When can I submit a Grievance?

Members of the University and former students may have grounds to submit a Grievance, depending upon their particular circumstances.In accordance with the Statutes Section 9 Powers of Council, students right to grieve is limited to the following:

(o)(ii) Registered Students who raise a grievance concerning an issue or issues which, in the opinion of the Registrar and Secretary, concerns matters of University governance, and who have exhausted other internal dispute resolution procedures.

The University's Grievance Procedure does not act as, or replace the Board of Examiners, and will not seek to overturn an academic decision when this has been properly arrived at.

How to submit a Grievance

For further details please see:

If a resolution is not reached

After all internal procedures have been exhausted, student complaints and appeals may be referred to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education (except those relating to admissions or matters of academic judgment).



Professional Services