Please note that any wood that pre-dates 2007 must now be disposed of as hazardous waste. If you need further information, please contact the team.
To aid drivers placing skips in the correct location, the team are now using what3words. If you have any questions about using this website, please contact the team.
If your department or college has a large quantity of waste, it’s easy to hire a skip.
1) Raise an internal order via Core Systems to ENVIRO – please see prices below. All deliveries and exchanges must have a valid PO number.
2) If your skip will take up a car parking space, please contact Car Parking Services before ordering.
3) Complete and submit the form below. Please attach a photo, if possible, to help the contractor place the skip in the right location.
Skip hire prices
Skip prices as of Aug 2023
| Skip type
|Midi - 8, 14 or 16 cu yd
|Midi - 8, 14 or 16 cu yd CONTAINING POPS
|Roll On Roll Off - 25 or 35 cu yd
|Roll On Roll Off - 25 or 35 cu yd CONTAINING POPS
|£468.30 (varies based on final weight)
Mattresses can be disposed of for an additional cost depending on the final weight of the load.
Due to the implementation of POPs regulations, customers are now asked to confirm whether their skips will contain items subject to POPs controls, these items will need to be disposed of separately. Please note there wil be an extra charge for skips containing POPs. Please contact the team if you require further information or guidance.
Dos and don’ts of skip hire
• Do not place hazardous, clinical, or electrical waste in any skip on campus; these must be disposed of carefully via special collections. Please see our waste management page for more information.
• Do not mix different types of waste in your skip
• Do not overfill your skip, otherwise it won’t be accepted by the contractor. Only fill your skip to the level line.
• Do load all flat items first (e.g., plywood, tabletops, etc.) before loading any heavy and bulky items.
• Do ensure all items are tightly packed in, taking care to squash so every bit of skip space is used.
• Do contact us if you require a green waste or WEEE skip, as there may be limitations to the size of skip available to you or a better way to dispose of your waste.
If you have any questions about skip hire, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on ext. 58802 or 45943.