Funding for EU students

The rules surrounding funding for EU students have changed since Brexit. 

EU students who started their programme in the academic year 2020/21 or earlier were eligible to apply for loans from the UK government through the Student Loans Company (SLC), subject to the SLC’s eligibility criteria. You can find out more about the Tuition Fee Loan for undergraduate study, the Postgraduate Masters Loan for Masters study and the Postgraduate Doctoral Loan for PhD study on the government website. Any students who can access this funding will be able to continue to do so for the entirety of the length of their course, subject to the SLC’s standard terms and conditions for progression and maximum period of study, even if the degree finishes after the UK’s exit from the EU.

Unfortunately, EU students who start their studies in 2021/22 and later will not be able to access the loans, with some exceptions as detailed on the government's website.

The University offers a number of scholarships and awards to EU students. Please consult the undergraduate funding database or the postgraduate funding database for further information.

For country-specific information, including advice on entry requirements and an inidcation of the number of students from your country that we have studying with us, please visit our country pages


Professional Services