Smith+Nephew is a global medical technology company.
We design and manufacture medical technology that takes the limits off living. We support healthcare professionals to return their patients to health and mobility, helping them to perform at their fullest potential.
We love to innovate and develop exciting technologies, and we offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits. But it’s our culture - of Care, Collaboration and Courage - that really sets us apart.
Smith + Nephew Challenge
- Struggling to attract workforce from ethnic minority backgrounds, Women and LGBT community.
- Driving consistency in hiring process.
Objectives, outcomes and impact
- To create a more diverse and inclusive workforce with a better representation from ethnic minorities, Women and the LGBT community.
- Making our application and hiring process as fair as possible and minimising bias.
- Helping us to drive traction of existing initiatives of attracting candidates from different backgrounds.
- Raising an awareness around the Medtech industry with ethnic minority graduates.
- A sense-check for existing initiatives and ideas.
- A review of our job descriptions/person specifications to identify any dissuasive language.
- A robust hiring process with inclusion and diversity at the forefront with inclusive language in job specs and a consistent interviewing process.
- Constructive criticism to help us on our journey to becoming more inclusive.
- Continued dialogue around diversity and inclusion through schemes like this.
To work towards fulfilling our objectives for our inclusion and diversity initiatives.
Key requirements for students and graduates
Experiences with Diversity and Inclusion programmes would be preferred not essential.
Students with an interest in the Medtech/Healthcare industry.
Length and frequency of meetings
1 hour meeting every month for 3 months.
Meetings to be either via Microsoft Teams/Zoom or in person at Campus. Meeting point can be chosen by the mentors.
Deadline date - Sunday 23 January 2022 (23:59).