How do I order a book?
- Check FindIt@Bham for existing copies.
- Use sites such as Amazon for details e.g. of new editions.
- E-mail or post details to your library representative to authorise purchase and submit the order. We accept information cut and pasted from Amazon or publisher websites.
- If you are a taught student (UG or PG), please use MoreBooks@Bham to request the purchase of a book.
- Books on resource lists will be ordered automatically if you press the Review button in Resourcelists@bham.ac.uk or if a new list is created by the Library Acquisitions team. You no longer need to submit orders for resource lists separately.
- Orders for books not on resource lists should be sent to your library rep who will submit them to Library Acquisitions.
Details required (where possible)
- Author/ title
- Publisher and year of publication (for specific editions)
- Which library (Main, Barnes, Barber Fine Art (Ref only), OLRC)
- Loan category: you no longer need to indicate this. We are now using Dynamic Loans
- Number of copies required
- Information about you: (e.g. staff/student, programme of study (if appropriate), School/Dept)
- Confirm that you have checked FindIt and the book is not already available in the library.
- In line with Library Services' e-first policy: if an ebook is available and cost-effective, it will be purchased in preference to a print copy. For multiple copy orders the 3-user licence will be supplemented with print copies in proportion to the number of students expected to use it.
Further advice for library representatives
Contact the Library Engagement Team.
More information and contacts