How do I order a book that is not on a reading list?
- Check FindIt@Bham for existing copies.
- Use sites such as Amazon for details, e.g. ISBN, new editions.
- E-mail or post details to your library representative to authorise purchase and submit the order. We accept information cut and pasted from Amazon or publisher websites.
- If you are a taught student (UG or PG), please use MoreBooks@Bham to request the purchase of a book.
- If you are a research student, please either speak to your supervisor or use Morebooks@Bham to request the purchase of a book
- Books on resource lists will be ordered automatically if you press the Review button in Resourcelists@bham.ac.uk or if a new list is created by the Library Acquisitions team. You no longer need to submit orders for resource lists separately.
- Orders for books not on resource lists should be sent to your library rep who will submit them to Library Acquisitions.
Details required (where possible)
- Author/ title
- Publisher and year of publication (for specific editions)
- Which library (Main, Barnes, Barber Fine Art (Ref only), OLRC)
- Loan category: you no longer need to indicate this. We use dynamic loans, where loan periods vary automatically based on demand.
- Information about you: (e.g. staff/student, programme of study (if appropriate), School/Dept)
- Confirm that you have checked FindIt and the book is not already available in the library.
- In line with Library Services' e-first policy: if an ebook is available and cost-effective it will be purchased in preference to a print copy.
Further advice for library representatives
Contact the Library Engagement Team.
More information and contacts