End of Session processing for programmes that do not conform to the standard academic year and/or examination periods can be effectively managed using bespoke process guides developed in consultation with Taught Student Administration (TSA) and the BIRMS team.
Which programmes are covered
Non-standard programmes can be most commonly but not exclusively characterised as one or more of the following:
- Programmes with non-standard start dates, i.e. that do not start at the beginning of the academic year
- Programmes with multiple or flexible start dates
- Programmes of non-standard length
- Programmes with modules that run across academic years
- Programmes with modules not assessed by the exam board in the year the modules are taken
- Programmes which have multiple exam boards, or exam boards with non-standard timing
Consultation for non-standard programmes
If you do not already have arrangements in place for your non-standard programme(s), email Mark Bowen as soon as possible attaching a completed non-standard programme questionnaire indicating any non-standard criteria that apply.
TSA/BIRMS team will then contact you to discuss your requirements.