The Student Disability Service can arrange course/study related reasonable adjustments and additional academic related support for both undergraduate and postgraduate students with a disability, including long-term mental or physical health conditions and autistic spectrum conditions.
Our services include:
- Putting in place a Reasonable Adjustment Plan (RAP) to inform the school of your requirements.
- Arranging exam adjustments, for example, extra time or rest breaks.
- Advice on applying for the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) and support to set up DSA funded support.
- Arranging non-DSA funded support such as non-specialist note-taking support.
- Advice and guidance on screenings for students who think they might be dyslexic, dyspraxic or dyscalculic.
To speak with an advisor about what support and or adjustments you may need you need to register with our service and provide medical evidence of your disability.
For information about our therapeutic support please visit our Mental Health and Wellbeing webpage.