The University of Birmingham hosts two new forms of transport, the West Midlands Cycle Hire scheme and Beryl's e-scooters. These schemes let you pick up a bike or e-scooter, ride it to where you need to go on campus or surrounding neighbourhoods, and leave it safe for the next user.
If you are looking to hire a bike for a longer time--a term or an academic year--you can participate in our student bike hire scheme.
West Midlands Cycle Hire
To start cycling with the WM Cycle Hire, visit their website for info and download the app. We have nine locations across campus, from the Grange Road Gate to Chamberlain Tower and from the Guild of Students to Pritchatts Park Village.
A rental e-scooter scheme for the West Midlands is run by Beryl. This will soon launch on campus.
Keep yourself and others safe when you ride.
- Wear a helmet and visible clothing
- Ride on campus roads and observe road signs and markings
- Reduce your speed if you see a hazard (pedestrian about to cross, vehicle indicating to turn)
- Always be ready to stop
- Park your bike in the dock or bay out of the way of pedestrians and other campus users
- No more than one person per bike or scooter.