Support with housing and accommodation issues.

Help with University accommodation

Your Village Reception is your first port of call for repairs and maintenance for your University accommodation.

Your Village Customer Service Manager

Each village has a dedicated Customer Service Manager who is committed to providing a high quality service and to make sure that you have the best possible experience whilst you are living in student accommodation. They deal with a wide variety of issues - you can talk to them if you are having any problems or if you have feedback on the standard of your accommodation, any ongoing and unresolved maintenance issues or suggestions on how we could improve your time at student accommodation.  

To discover who your Customer Service Manager is for your residence and how you can contact them then please visit our Village Customer Service Manager webpage. You can also reach them on Twitter!

Changing University accommodation

Living the University's accommodation service can help if you are not happy with where you are currently staying and need to change accommodation. Living's Accommodation Consultants can advise on the options open to you.

Help with partner accommodation

If you have any issues with accommodation with any of our private partner providers of accommodation, for example Victoria Hall, Liberty Court, Liberty Gardens, Liberty Close, Selly Oak Court or Athena Studios, please contact your site reception directly. 

If you are not satisfied with the outcome, please see below on how to tackle issues with private accommodation.

Help with private accommodation

If you are having problems with your landlord, or other issues with private accommodation, see the options available to you below.

You can contact Living, the University's accommodation service, who can provide advice and support on how to resolve your issues.

Or you can visit Guild Advice at the Guild of Students.

If you need advice or information on general matters about living in the local community, the Community Wardens, a partnership between the University and the Guild of Students, can help.

Issues with flatmates

If you are having issues with your flatmates you can get assistance from the Student Mentor Scheme, a partnership between the University and the Guild of Students. The scheme can help with a variety of issues including shared living and accommodation. The scheme can also help you identify ways to address the issues and talk you through your options. This can include one-to-one support and group mediations.

The Counselling and Wellbeing service also offers group mediation sessions if you and your flatmates are not getting on. They can also offer you one-to-one support if you are experiencing difficulties with your flatmates.

Contact Living