Here are the features and fixes included in the latest website release on Wednesday 14 September 2022.
Content types and entries (applies to /news /study and /jobs sections)
- Link carousel - when an entry is added to the link carousel, if this has a 'meta image (portrait)' then this is used in preference over 'meta image'. If neither are present, the site fallback is used.
- Keyboard focus (accessibility) - in line with new guidance, we have updated our keyboard focus indicator to be highly visible across a number of components, particularly those with coloured backgrounds
- Events - Upcoming (NEW component) - you can now add a list of events to a standard content page. This can be pre-filtered using a keyword. Add the keyword to the 'search term' field in the component, and to the 'keywords' field in multiple events in Classic.
- Events - Featured (NEW component) - use this component to feature up to 4 events on your standard content page.
- Privacy standard content - new content type for the /privacy section, which features hard coded cookie tools
- Image with text - this component now gives the option of a grey or blue background, in addition to the default white
- Text with background (NEW component) - this component allows you to add text with a grey or blue background
- Navigation - changed 'work here' to 'jobs', to match the new /jobs section
- Content navigation cards - this component now accepts 2 cards, which are displayed in a 2 column layout. This also now uses the 'meta information non news' fields for the title and image. If these are not present, the entry title or site fallback image will be displayed.
- Video embed - this now has an 'audio described' field, where you can add a YouTube ID for a version of your video with audio description. If added, an audio description link will be displayed above the video.
- Subject areas - a 'delivery format' filter has been added to this content type, which will enable us to create a set of 'online' subject areas
Contensis Classic (applies to rest of site)
Content types and entries
- Content header - single button - this now accepts external links
- Accordion - this is no longer a keyboard sink, when tabbing through the page
- UoB News listing - no longer displays negative page numbers when pages exceed 40