Here are the features and fixes included in the latest website release on Thursday 21 September 2023.
Content types and entries (applies to /news /study and /jobs sections)
- Event (NEW) - a new event page content type now exists with CTE. This takes event data added to Classic and displays it within a new template. This is visible in preview within CTE but will not be live on the site until we switch the whole Events section over to CTE.
- Event landing page (NEW) - a new content type which displays an event search with date filter and category filter. Top events in particular categories can also be featured on the page. This exists within CTE but will remain admin-only until we are ready to move the whole Events section over to CTE.
- Event listing page (NEW) - a new content type which lists all events. This can be filtered by category or by date. The CMS user can also pre-filter this by keyword.
- News landing page - src set and lazy loading has been added to the smaller images on this page. This means the page will only display the largest size image required for the device, and won't load images until they are in view - so the page will load more quickly.
- Standard content - a meta information component has been removed, so we now only have one on this content type
- Staff listing page - now has a meta information (non-news) component
- Site footer - the colour of this now matches the new University branding
Contensis Classic (applies to rest of site)
Content types and entries
- Image with text - this was displaying a cumulative layout shift, so the elements within the component were moving as the component loaded (an issue on slower connections). This has now been fixed.
- Image carousel - once the lightbox was open, the keyword focus was escaping into the browser. This now remains within the lightbox.
- Call to action banner - the image quality has been improved